Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello, World

Welcome to Meat Mt Airy. This blog, which I aim to update regularly, will feature the restaurants of NorthWest Philly and the purveyors that make them possible. Additionally, I will feature recipes and photos of my own home cooking.

This combination food blog featuring recipes and restaurant reviews was influenced by a number of local food bloggers which I read regularly. And, although I have never met these folks, I feel that I know them by reading their cooking techniques and food thoughts. A special thanks to Arthur Etchells at foobooz.com for keeping us all up on the latest and greatest in Philly food, and to Elizabeth at foodaphilia.com for showing that you can read, write, eat, and go to school at the same time (best of luck to her in her new baking adventures).

Also, I cannot take creative credit for the name. That goes to a vegetarian blue-grass string bass player who lives in Roxborough.

Without further ado, Meat Mt Airy.

No comments:

Post a Comment